Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
This is really quite good and very crunchy with the raw broccoli and cauliflower. The dressing is quite simple and easy to whip up. I might go for less sugar and more vinegar next time. Sometimes I add some sliced radishes.
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped (optional, I left this out)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use low-fat)
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
Layer the broccoli, cauliflower, Cheddar cheese, bacon, and egg in a bowl. Mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar. Ladle over the salad and serve.
The second time I made this I left off the bacon as well. It still tasted great!