Ham and Potato Soup
made this from ham leftover from a holiday dinner. Yum! The best part of having ham for dinner is deciding what to do with the leftovers!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 quart chicken or turkey broth
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 pound of ham, diced or cubed
Heat the oil and saute the onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add everything else and bring to a simmer. Partially cover and simmer about 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are all soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.