If you have leftover taco meat, just use that of course to make a "different" meal from leftovers.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs. minced dried onion or 1/2 an onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Brown the ground meat. If you're using a fresh onion, cook it with the meat. Add the seasonings and tomato sauce and simmer 10 minutes.
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup (or more) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounce) beans, black or kidney or dressed up black beans
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Italian or Catalina salad dressing or salsa
Make up the salad and add the slightly cooled ground meat mixture.