- 2 -3 cups meat sauce or marinara sauce with meatballs
- 1/2 pound of small tubular pasta (ziti, penne, etc.)
- 1 cup grated or diced Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the meat sauce up. (I usually make extra and freeze in 2 cup portions.)
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions and drain. Mix the pasta into most of the meat sauce and then pour half the pasta into an 8×8 pan. Top with Mozzarella and then half the Parmesan. Pour the leftover sauce on top of the pasta, then pour the rest of the pasta on top. Top with the rest of the Parmesan.
- Cover with foil at bake at 350 for 20 -45 minutes, then uncover for 5 -15 more minutes. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- NOTE: You can also freeze this and bake, covered, 45 minutes or so, until heated through.