This was mostly from Mom’s Updated Recipe Box: 300 Family Favorites Made Quick and Healthy, one of my all-time favorites. I was missing a few things and it STILL came out great, but I remember from earlier renditions that the missing ingredients (more red pepper, cilantro), added much so am including them here.
Just know that if you’re shy something, mix it up anyway, taste it and adjust the seasonings as needed. The key to me is the garlic and lime juice.
Bean Salad with Lime
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp or more if you like! cumin
- 2-3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 15-ounce cans of beans of assorted varieties: black, navy, kidney, etc.), drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cups corn, canned or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 to 1 each red and green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- First mix up the dressing:
- Mix up the beans, corn, etc. Shake the dressing ingredients together in a jar, then pour over the beans and corn and toss. Refrigerate at least an hour to let the flavors blend, toss and serve.
[…] Bean salad with corn and lime dressing […]