This recipe came from The Six O’Clock Scramble: Quick, Healthy, and Delicious Dinner Recipes for Busy Families and was originally for flounder to serve four. The book was initially sent to me for review and I’ve continually turned to it for good healthy and fast recipes. The book is organized into 13 weeks of seasonal menus. I halved the recipe and used barramundi instead of flounder.
Breadcrumb Topped Barramundi
- 2 small pieces barramundi or other white fish
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Mix the bread crumbs, oil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt and mustard together in a small bowl.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil, spray or rub a bit of oil on it so the fish won’t stick, then lay the fish down on it. Cover the fish with bread crumbs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. It should flake easily with a fork.
- If you’d like, turn your broiler on when the fish is done and let the bread crumbs gets a little crispy–just a minute or two.
- Serve with lemon wedges.