I always like to try at least one new recipe when I’m having people over. Since I always have plenty of food, if something flops we’ll still eat well. I need not have worried last night. This salad from Pam Anderson’s Perfect Recipes for Having People Over was delicious! I put a bit less corn in it just because I only bought 4 ears. She said to use about 6 cups but that seemed like a lot. Now having had the salad though, I’d go with the full amount next time.
Corn and Red Pepper Coleslaw
- 4-6 cups fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1 12- ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 15- ounce can black olives, sliced
- 6 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice about 2 limes' worth of juice
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and toss.
I did everything ahead of time except the oil and lime juice, then added those right before serving.
It was a pretty and delicious salad, very colorful and with an excellent flavor!
Cool fun. Like me. Thanks.
I like to cook very at home. Greetings from Poland.
Good Catch! Thanks. Yes, I meant lime juice. Fixed the post.
did you mean lime juice when you said vinegar? i don’t see vinegar in the ingredients list.
Good recipe! Its easy to prepare 🙂