Here’s a treat from Lost Recipes that’s great for the lunchbox and easy enough to put the kids in charge of making them! The original recipe called for TWO CUPS of chocolate chips. I made them last night with 1.5 cups but think next time I’ll go down to 1 cup.
Chocolate Chip Squares
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the eggs and oil and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 8×8 pan (pressing down with your hands to flatten).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack and then cut into 16 squares.