If you have time and inclination, make your own cream of mushroom soup.
Crockpot Chicken and Mushrooms
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- lemon pepper
- 1 15-oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms OR a can or two of mushrooms
- Remove the skin from some bone-in chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and paprika.
- Put them in the crockpot. Mix together a can of cream of mushroom soup (or make your own), up to a cup of sour cream, and 1/2 cup or so of white wine or chicken broth. Add either sliced fresh mushrooms or a can or two of mushrooms.
- Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours.