This is a great recipe and equally good in either the crockpot or baked in the oven. I originally got it from one of those community cookbooks that I love to collect, where people share their recipes. I tinkered with it a bit and here’s what I ended up with.
Easy Mushroom Chicken
- Chicken parts whatever you like
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or homemade “cream of whatever” soup
- 1 soup can red or white wine
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained large or small depending on how many mushrooms you want
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- Put the chicken pieces in a casserole dish or in the crockpot. Cover with remaining ingredients and mix up a bit.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake at 325 F for about 2 hours or cook in the crockpot on HIGH for about 5 hours or on low for 8 or so. The sauce is great with mashed potatoes.