I had some rib eye steaks in the freezer, a shame to freeze them I know but they were vacuum packed. I’d bought a Max Pack when they were on sale. After defrosting them, I marinated them in a mix of steak sauce, balsamic vinaigrette and minced garlic.
Mix up your own vinaigrette or use a store-bought one.
Easy Marinade for Rib Eye Steaks
- 1/2 cup steak sauce I used Country Bob's but I think A1 would be similar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette make your own or I used Paul Newman's
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Mix together the steak sauce, balsamic vinaigrette and minced garlic. Marinate the steaks a couple of hours.
I marinated them for just an hour or two, then grilled about 4-5 minutes per side (about 1″ thick). Yum!
Served them up with:
- marinated cucumber salad
- sliced tomatoes with olive oil and some herb mix sprinkled on top
- microwaved corn on the cob (leave it in the husk, microwave a few minutes, then husk it. The strings will come right off!)
- baked potatoes
A fantastic summer dinner. I forgot to take pictures though…