As much as I cook mostly from scratch, I will periodically buy cake mixes when they go on sale. Plain cakes get a bit boring and predictable however and there are some fun recipes that start with a cake mix. This Fresh as Spring Cake is very moist and good.
It has mandarin oranges and pineapples and looks quite special with its mound of white frosting. The fruit adds a lot of moistness and flavor.
Fresh as Spring Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 10 oz can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 15 oz can crushed pineapple
- 9 oz container whipped topping like Cool Whip
- small box 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- Beat cake mix, oranges, eggs and oil on high for 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl now and then. Bake as directed.
- Cool the cake completely before frosting it or you’ll end up with a huge mess!
- Mix the frosting ingredients together on medium until well blended, about 2 minutes. Spread it over the cake. Refrigerate the cake if you’re not serving immediately.
Leave a Reply