Frog Eye Soup is my family’s favorite soup, hands down.
Even the favorite of their friends!
Look for little tiny pasta shapes: pastine, ancini di pepe (peppercorn sized), or little alphabet pastas. My kids and any visiting children have always loved this simple soup. The ancini di pepe pasta is tiny and round and somehow we nicknamed this Frog Eye Soup many years ago. That doesn’t sound very appetizing but it is a simply delicious soup.
Frog Eye Soup
This is hands-down our family’s favorite soup. So simple and so good with tiny pastas, sliced carrots, chicken broth and herbs.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup small pasta the smaller the better!
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Put the sliced carrots in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and cover, simmering for 8 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook uncovered until done (however long your pasta needs to cook).
- Stir in the herbs and the Parmesan. Serve with extra grated Parmesan at the table, if desired.
Leave a Reply