Greek Turkey Burgers for Two
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste, divided
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 cup or more of arugula
- a few slices of red onion
- a few slices of cucumber
- Mix the ground turkey, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and form into patties. I like to do this ahead and place the patties on waxed paper on a plate and store them in the fridge until dinner.
- Mix together the olives, yogurt, lemon juice and more black pepper and set aside. You can do this ahead of time too--just cover the bowl and store in the fridge.
- When you're ready to cook, heat a cast iron skillet or your outdoor grill and cook the patties until they're done to your liking, 4-5 minutes per side depending on how hot your grill/pan is.
- Toast the buns.
- Spread the sauce on both sides of the buns and top with as much arugula as you like. I liked a lot. Put the patty on top of the argula, then top with some sliced red onion and cucumber. Put on the top of the bun and serve!