It has been pointed out to me that I’ve been remiss in posting a friend’s favorite recipe, tomato mango salsa, which my mother fixed for us one night. Grill the salmon however you like it and serve this mango salsa on the side.
This tomato mango salsa is also excellent with grilled pork–and you can substitute peaches if you don’t have any mangoes.
Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Mango Salsa
- 3 cups diced fully ripened tomatoes
- 2 cups diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper seeds removed I don’t use this
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or one tsp ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4 center cut salmon filets
- Mix all salsa ingredients and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the salmon filets and serve the salsa on the side.
i am a chef who cooks for some of the richest and most famous people around the world. I cooked Bill Gates’ 50th and have cooked for U2 etc. My blog is growing. I like yours and find the recipes interesting! Let me know what you think of mine and how i could improve it as am only starting!