This was a combination of two recipes that were side by side in a community cookbook I picked up somewhere. I’ve been playing more with lemon pepper these days somehow and really like how it perks up a dish. My lemon tree is finally delivering fresh lemons again and I enjoyed its bounty in every course yesterday, finishing the meal with some great lemon bread.
Lemon Pepper Chicken and Artichokes
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- lemon pepper and salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbs capers, drained
- 1 15 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the chicken thighs. Add the garlic, lemon juice, wine, and broth to the pan and stir, turning each piece of chicken to coat it and ending skin side up. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon pepper and salt.
- Cover and cook 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Take the lid off and add the capers and artichoke hearts, stirring and warming through.