This is one of my favorite fast suppers in the summertime, with tomatoes and basil from the garden.
Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mozzarella or cheddar cheese cubed
- basil to taste chopped (start with 3/4 cup or so)
- salt to taste
- 1 pound fettuccini sea shell, or other pasta
- Put the olive oil, tomatoes, onion, mozzarella, basil, and salt in a bowl and mix together. Let stand at room temperature an hour or so.
- Cook the pasta and drain, then stir into the tomato mixture.