I had bought some frozen salmon filets for dinner this week but had no idea what I was going to do with them. Then the new Cooking Light arrived and this Spice Roasted Salmon caught my eye. I didn’t have any garam masala but I used a brown sugar and paprika salmon rub I’d bought a while back. When I mixed up the yogurt sauce and tasted it, it seemed very bland. I added a bit more salt and a bit more lime juice and it was okay but not great. But when I put it on the salmon it was perfect!
Salmon with Yogurt Sauce
- olive oil
- salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- salmon rub of your choice or garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon lime juice plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle the salmon with the rub of your choice and press in. Let sit while you mix up the sauce.
- Stir all the sauce ingredients together.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour a bit of oil in the pan and tilt to coat, then add the salmon filets skin side down. Cook 7-9 minutes depending on how thick they are.
- Turn over and cook another minute or two, until they're done to your liking.
- Serve with the yogurt sauce.