At the grocery store I saw snap peas and remembered this salad I had made a couple of years ago. It just says spring to me! This is from The Comfort Table (affiliate link) by Katie Lee Joel. There are some great recipes in there, both for main dishes and sides.
Sugar Snap Pea and Radish Salad
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed
- 2 Tbs fresh chives or 1 Tbs dried chives
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Trim the peas, if needed, and then blanch the peas in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately put the peas in a bowl of ice water to stop them cooking. When cool, drain and then put them in your salad bowl.
- Trim the radishes and slice thinly or cut into wedges or do some of each and add to the bowl, along with the chives.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, honey and salt in a small jar, shaking until well blended, then pour over the peas and radishes and serve.