I’ve had this recipe flagged since I bought the book Dinner: A Love Story and I finally got around to making it. These shrimp are delicious! The combination of spices was intriguing to me: smoked paprika, cumin, curry powder, cayenne and a pinch of cinnamon. These will definitely be made again.
I served these with rice, cucumber salad, tomatoes, yogurt and a slice of lime.
In addition to good recipes, the book is a good read. It’s probably most helpful for newer parents but it brought back a lot of memories when I read it.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- chopped cilantro and/or mint
- Mix the spices together in a small dish and stir together. Sprinkle them on the shrimp, stirring so that all sides get coated.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium high. Add the shrimp and cook until done, stirring now and then making sure to flip them over. The timing will depend on how large your shrimp are. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and/or mint on the cooked shrimp.
- Goes great with rice, yogurt and lime.