A neighbor is throwing a Memorial Day wine tasting potluck that starts in about 5 minutes and I’m signed up for appetizers. I wanted to bring something that would be good at room temperature and didn’t require much last minute fussing. These fit the bill and are delicious and pretty!
Stuffed Radish Roses
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tbs crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbs milk
- a few dashes of salt, maybe 1/8 of a tsp
- 1 Tbs minced fresh parsley
- First the radishes. I was told to trim the ends, then cut a deep X in the tops almost down to the bottom, then soak them in ice water for a few hours so they'd open up. They never opened up. 🙁 So I just cut some slivers off to provide an opening in the center for the stuffing.
- Stir together then spoon into the center of the radishes.
Pesto Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a few dashes of pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- Use a food processor to blend together the basil, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic. If you don't have a food processor you can use a blender but will need to stir often. If you don't have either, chop it all up really really fine.
- Mix the pesto with the ricotta.
- Make an X in the bottom of each tomato cherry almost to the top. Gently spread it open and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Spoon the pesto-ricotta mix into each tomato.
Now, that’s what I was supposed to do! But I somehow reversed which stuffing went into which vegetable and so ended up with some pesto-stuffed radishes and cream-cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes. Let me just say, they all taste great so feel free to intermingle as you see fit!
That’s what I get for trying two new recipes under pressure!
[…] stuffed radishes and cherry tomatoes […]