So it’s been a month since I’ve posted. What can I say? Two kids off to college, a garden producing enough to let me make pickles and can tomato sauce, and a regular job as well! I’ve been busy.
This salad from Marion Cunningham’s The Supper Book will hopefully make up for my absence. I read that she passed away recently. Her cookbooks have always been among my favorites. She felt like “real people” you know?
Sweet and Sour Cabbage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 cups chopped Savoy cabbage about 1/8 head
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
- Mix the salt, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Add the cabbage, green pepper and celery and stir together. Serve chilled.