Sweet Zucchini Pickles
- 4 quarts sliced zucchini
- 6 onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup salt
- cracked ice
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 3 cups vinegar
- Combine the zucchini, onions, peppers and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in the salt, then cover the whole bowl with cracked ice. Cover with a heavy towel and let sit for 2-3 hours.
- Get 8 pint jars, lids and rings prepared.
- Drain the vegetables and put them in a large pot.
- Mix the sugar, turmeric, mustard seed and vinegar and pour over the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, then put into the pint jars.
- Load the jars into your kettle and process for 10 minutes.