Turkey Shepherd's Pie
Use leftover turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes to make this shepherd's pie.
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup leftover gravy
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey broth
- 1-2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Heat the 1 Tbs butter and saute the carrots, celery, and onion until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the gravy, broth, turkey, and parsley and heat. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary. Pour into a buttered shallow casserole dish (8x8 at least, but a bit larger if possible).
Melt the other 3 Tbs of butter and put the mashed potatoes in the pan, stirring until heated through. Spread the potatoes over the turkey mixture, then sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes.