Black Bean and Corn Salad with Chili Lime Dressing
The chili lime dressing really makes this corn and bean salad. It's especially good with fresh corn.
- 1 15- oz can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- kernels from 1 ear of corn, about 1 cup
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions "some folks call them scallions", thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- a pinch of cayenne
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Rinse and drain the beans.
Steam or microwave the corn for 3 minutes. I like to just put the whole ear of corn, husk attached, into the microwave and cook it. Let it cool a few minutes, then husk it. The silk will come right off. Hold the corn cob upright on a plate and slice down with a sharp knife to cut the kernels off.
Combine the beans, corn, red pepper, green onions, red onion and cilantro in a bowl.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together, pour over the salad and mix well.