Lemon and Leek Linguine
A delicious light pasta with lemon juice and leeks.
- 4 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 2 Tbs butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced<
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced thinly about 1 1/2 cups
- salt to taste 1/4 tsp maybe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
Cook the pasta according to the package directions (10 minutes for my spaghetti). While it's cooking, make the sauce.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium high heat, then add the garlic, sliced leek and salt. Cook, stirring, about 4 or 5 minutes, until the leeks are soft. Add the broth and lemon juice and simmer 2-3 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the other Tbs of butter and turn the heat off.
Once the pasta is cooked and drained, put it in a bowl and add the sauce, tossing to mix. Garnish with the fresh parsley.