Middle Eastern Chicken Soup
A little cumin and cayenne add a Middle Eastern flavor to this easy chicken soup.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 piece of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup raw rice or 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 large tomato, chopped, or one 16 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- a squeeze of lemon juice optional
Simmer the broth, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, cumin, and cayenne (and raw rice if using) and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cooked rice, if using, the chicken, and the tomato and simmer 10 more minutes.