Rainbow Turkey Soup
Here's a colorful soup filled with vegetables.
- 2 Tbs butter
- a few sliced carrots
- a sliced stalk of celery
- some chopped garlic
- thinly sliced kale
- thinly sliced spinach
- sliced green beans I used frozen
- julienned red pepper fresh from our garden!
- 6 cups turkey broth
- 1-2 cups wine
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- some parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Heat the butter and saute the carrots, celery and garlic a few minutes, until softened. Add the kale and spinach. Cover and cook 5 minutes, until the greens wilt.
Add the green beans, red pepper, olives, broth, wine, herbs and seasonings.
Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour.
After an hour add the rice and cook until the rice is done, another 20 minutes or so.
Serve with some grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.