Sour Cream or Yogurt Gingerbread Cake
- 1 stick butter (1/4 pound)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Cream the butter and then add the sugar and cream together.
- Add the molasses and sour cream or yogurt and blend well.
- In a small bowl, blend the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend well, beating until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Let the cake cool at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan or just let it cool completely in the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving if you'd like.