Here’s a delicious non-mayonnaise based slaw. The original recipe called for the addition of 1/4 cup diced jalapeno but that’s a bit spicy for my tastes so I left it out. I served this with barbecued hamburgers and it was fantastic!
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small one and pour over the vegetables, then toss some more.