The tomatoes in my garden are ripe and delicious, begging to be eaten three meals a day, which I do many days. Breakfast is often sliced tomatoes on toast and maybe an egg. Dinners have been pasta with tomatoes, curry with peas and tomatoes, and of course BLT’s-bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.
When I was younger, I preferred them without the lettuce, as my girls do now. But now I appreciate the lettuce. No recipe needed.
- Cook your favorite bacon.
- Toast your favorite bread. (I like sourdough.)
- Spread toasted bread with mayonnaise.
- Layer sliced fresh tomatoes, bacon and lettuce.
- Top with another slice of bread.