I got these from a freezer cooking Yahoo group. When you’ve got overripe bananas on the counter, bake up a batch of these cookies instead of banana bread for a change! They’re excellent! (And in case you don’t know, if you don’t have time to bake now, you can throw the bananas in the freezer, peeled or not, and cook with them later.)
Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2
- 1 3/4 cup oatmeal quick cooking
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then blend in the softened butter.
- Add the egg, banana, and oatmeal and blend well.
- Stir in the chips. (You could also add some chopped nuts if you like.)
- Drop by spoonfuls and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.