This is from How to Cook Everything. I decided to make the batter into muffins, rather than a loaf. Somehow the kids like quick breads better as muffins rather than sliced from a loaf. Go figure. The coconut adds a delightful flavor and a bit of texture.
Banana Coconut Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed together
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour up to 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- Cream together the butter and eggs, then mix in the ripe bananas and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar together, then add to the wet ingredients and mix just until all is moistened. Add the walnuts and coconut.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so, until done. Alternately, pour into a buttered bread pan and bake about an hour.