The girls wanted to make burritos with the last bit of leftover London Broil but their idea of burritos is refried beans, meat, cheese. I like mine to be full of “stuff” so I fixed up this mixture tonight that I could put in the burritos tonight and just use as a side dish the rest of the week.
Beans and Corn with Salsa
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 15- oz. can black beans
- 1 15- oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15- oz. can corn, drained
- 1/2 15- oz. can black olives, sliced
- 1 15- oz. can tomatoes
- 1 cup or so of salsa or you could use Rotel tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Heat the oil and saute the onion. Add the beans, corn, olives, salsa, and spices. Simmer a few minutes to blend everything, covered. Simmer longer if you’re making rice to go with this! It just gets better. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve.
Put it in burritos and eat as is. Put in burritos and add some leftover meat. (London Broil goes quite nicely!) Serve as a side dish. Serve over rice as a main dish, with or without leftover meat.
You can easily play with other beans and use up what you’ve got. Pinto beans, white beans, black beans, red beans–probably not garbanzos. 😉 I always have a nice selection of canned beans in the pantry because you can do so much so quickly with them!