Soup time! Corn chowder last night, which I made from a conglomeration of recipes.
I served it last night with Welsh Rarebit.
Tonight with the girls gone I sautéed some diced red peppers in a bit of butter and added them to the corn chowder. They added a nice bit of crunch!
- 2-3 slices of bacon
- 2 onions, diced about 2 cups
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 15-oz can of corn
- 1 can of creamed corn
- Cook the bacon and let it sit on paper towels. Drain most of the fat, all but a couple of tablespoons, then add the onions and cook them until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and potatoes and cook them about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Add the milk and the corn (both cans) and heat through.
- Crumble the cooked bacon.
- Dish up the chowder and sprinkle some of the crumbled bacon on each bowl of chowder.