Seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning, these crab cakes make a quick dinner. You can make them with canned crab or fresh (or salmon, too, for that matter). If you don’t have Old Bay around, you can mix up a substitute.
I like to serve these with a simple tartar sauce.
Crab Cakes with Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbs parsley flakes
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 pounds lump crab meat or 2 cans crab
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 Tbs bread crumbs
- Beat the eggs. Add parsley flakes, Old Bay Seasoning, mustards, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Combine with crab meat and mayonnaise. Add just enough bread crumbs to get things to hold together. Start with 3 Tbs and see how it feels.
- Shape into cakes or balls, dip or roll in flour.
- Heat 2 Tbs oil and 2 Tbs butter in a frying pan. Cook crab cakes till browned on each side. Add more oil and butter if necessary.