I enjoy playing around with different herbs and spices, but sometimes the simplest seasonings let you really appreciate an ingredient, like this creamed corn from Lost Recipes (link to Amazon) by Marion Cunningham. Of course, you could go even simpler and just eat corn on the cob! (If you opt for that, I like to grill it a little bit, just until charred.)
If you’ve got fresh corn on the cob and want a nice side dish, try this creamed corn.
- about 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions scallions
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley optional
- Heat the butter over low heat and cook the green onions a few minutes, until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the corn and half and half. Cook about 2 more minutes over low heat, stirring just a little. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with the chopped parsley if you’re using it.
Other corn recipes you might like: