I’m checking for broken links on the site and ran into this one. Somehow I had never posted this gem of a recipe!
I had to note this down. My grandmother would make these for me when I visited. I loved this as a kid! My kids, however, won’t touch them. It’s a great way to use up mismatched hamburger buns and hot dogs though!
I’ve written this up for one serving so you can easily scale it up depending on how many kids you are feeding.
This is a fun lunch to make for kids.
- For each hot dog
- 1 hot dog
- 1/2 a hamburger bun
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- Mix together a little mayonnaise, mustard, and grated cheddar cheese. Spread on hamburger buns.
- Slice the hot dogs at an angle at 1/2″ intervals but do not cut all the way through. Lay them in a circle on the hamburger bun (one hot dog to a bun).
- Place a spoonful of pickle relish in the center of the hot dog.
- Broil until heated through and cheese is melted.
Leave a Reply