I love recipes that scale easily and these days I’m especially attracted to ones that let me make a good dinner for just one or two people. These chicken breasts were really good.
Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbs oil
- 6 or more garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, add the minced garlic and cook slowly, stirring constantly, until softened. Make sure the oil is not too hot. You don’t want to brown the garlic and it can get to that point quickly if you’re not careful.
- Take it off the heat after 5 minutes or so and add the brown sugar and stir it in.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil and spread oil across the foil. Lay your boneless skinless chicken breasts across it, spread the garlic/oil/brown sugar mix across the chicken. Bake for 15 minutes, or until done.
While they were cooking I nuked a potato for a few minutes, just to get it started, then cubed it up and browned the cubes in a skillet with a bit of olive oil. When the chicken breasts were done cooking, I took them off the pan and added some asparagus, rolled it around to pick up the oil and garlic and then popped the pan back into the oven for a few minutes to roast the asparagus spears.