I’ve made this Mediterranean pasta salad several times. I found I like it better the day after it’s made so I try to make it ahead, if not the day before then the morning of whenever I’m serving it.
The original recipe from Simply Salads (Amazon link) called for arugula but the last time I made it I was using arugula in another dish so I just left it out. I wish I’d doubled up on the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and red pepper but it was still so good!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotelle or whatever shaped pasta you'd like
- 1/2 cup pepperoncinis, drained, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup pittaked kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Put the pasta in a large salad bowl and add all the other salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, put the minced garlic and vinegar and whisk together. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, then stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing to the pasta and vegetables to taste. You may not need it all. Taste to see if it needs more salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill if serving later.
Let me know how it turns out for you!
This is an amazing recipe with more simple looks as well and l really loved it with your beautiful pictures….i will trying this simple pasta salad…Thanks for sharing……….!