Another good one from Cheap. Fast. Good! Just a good basic Mexican flavored ground beef mix, suitable for burritos, enchiladas, taco salad, quesadillas, and nachos. In all honest, the first night we had it for burritos and I thought it would have been better without the sour cream. But two nights later on a taco salad we all loved it. Go figure.
We made burritos the first night, adding some sliced black olives, salsa, and diced avocado.
Make Ahead Mexican Ground Beef Mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion a small onion
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning mix
- 1 14.5 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef in a deep skillet over medium heat, stirring and breaking up clumps. Peel and dice the the onion and add it to the skillet, stirring. Cook until there’s no pink in the meat and the onion is soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix and cook one minute, stirring.
- Add the tomato soup and heat through, then mix in the cheese until melted. Remove from the heat or turn the heat down way low and stir in the sour cream.