I don’t use the microwave to actually cook much. I melt butter, heat milk, reheat leftovers, etc. But my girls found this microwave brownie recipe in Mom’s Big Book of Baking: 200 Simple, Foolproof Recipes for Delicious Family Treats to Get You Through Every Birthday Party, Class Picnic, Potluck, Bake Sale, Holiday, and No-School Day. It’s perfect for a quick dessert without a lot of fuss!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted and cooled a bit
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder and flour.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the cooled butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape the batter into the baking dish. Microwave 4-7 minutes on high, just until the brownies are "done" in the middle.
- Let the brownies cook on a rack 5-10 minutes, then cut into squares and eat.
How easy is that?!