The tomatoes are so good this time of the year! And I could eat this sauce on practically anything. Serve it with tortilla chips for an appetizer or with quesadillas. Spoon on some black bean soup. Serve with grilled chicken or fish… the possibilities are nearly endless!
Tonight we used it on some burritos made with some leftover bbq’d steak, black beans, and sliced avocados.
Pico del gallo sauce
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- a few good squirts of lime juice
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Stir and mix, taste and adjust seasonings as per your tastes.