I have used a great pulled pork recipe many times with great praise from family and friends. I was in the grocery store perusing the magazines by the checkout stand and one called “Quick and Simple” caught my eye, probably because of the starburst promo calling out “17 Budget-Friendly Recipes.” They had a pulled pork recipe in there from a guy who has a tv show called The Poor Chef that sounded good and it was quite similar to my recipe I got from who knows where originally. I point that out because people, particularly new cooks, are often hesitant to alter a recipe. I think if you compare the ingredient list for these two you’ll see that the actual ingredients are about identical. The main difference is some minor variations in the proportions (more brown sugar, less vinegar, more black pepper, etc. ) So if you’re a bit shy of one ingredient in a recipe like this, experiment! This had less garlic and onions and more brown sugar and vinegar.
I had bought a pork roast a while back and made a Cuban Pork Roast with half of it. I threw the other half in the freezer. I used that for my pulled pork the other night.
Definitely a winning recipe.
Pulled Pork #2
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 12- oz bottle chili sauce look near the ketchup!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 pound boneless pork roast
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir around a bit to coat the pork.
- If you have an older slow cooker, cook about 8-10 hours. (You can get the whole thing ready the night before and refrigerate, but really it’s pretty quick to throw together.) If you have a newer slow cooker, consider adjusting the time a bit. I find my newer one cooks so hot that meals are usually done in half the time called for in older recipes. In this case, I cooked the meat from 12-4, then shredded it, let it cook another half hour or so in the sauce,
Cool BLOG, very informative contents. I also have a blog similar like yours. Would you mind if I ask you for a link exchange?