I was sent a jar of this pepper jelly to try out and wow! Spicy hot sweet all at once. I think it’s got a bit more kick than your average pepper jelly. At first I thought “Whoa. Maybe too much.” Then about 3 seconds later I wanted more.
I’ve only done two things with it. The first is not novel at all but the first thing I think of with pepper jelly. Put some cream cheese on a cracker and top it with a dab of pepper jelly. Delicious!
Then I made a turkey sandwich for lunch the next day and slathered a bit of pepper jelly on one piece of the bread. Definitely livened up that sandwich.
Other ideas I have that I have not yet tried include:
- Mixing with some mustard and baking on chicken
- Substituting for the grape jelly usually used with chili sauce for mini hot dogs at parties
- Something with some pork loin, maybe a riff on the cranberry jelly crockpot roast
- Using it in this “easier than stir fry” chicken
- Using some in a salad dressing
You can learn more about the pepper jelly at their web site and buy it online as well.
I was given this jar of jelly to review but my opinions were not affected by that.