Last night I was barbecuing a steak and cooking a spaghetti squash in the oven. Looking through the vegetable drawer I spied half a cauliflower and decided I could bump up the heat on the spaghetti squash so I could roast the cauliflower at the same time. I also spied a few beets in the drawer so ended up wrapping them in foil and baking them with the squash. The cauliflower took the least amount of time so I added it towards the end.
- 1 cauliflower
- oil enough to lightly coat
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice just a squeeze
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with a bit of oil, salt and pepper. Put the florets into a roasting pan that can hold them in a single layer. Sprinkle some lemon juice over the cauliflower.
- Roast about 20-25 minutes, turning the cauliflower every 10 minutes or so, until lightly browned and cooked through. Poke them with a fork to test for doneness.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan if you'd like and serve.