I got this recipe for sauteed tilapia fillets from an online cooking group a long time ago and can’t remember who to thank for the recipe. I liked the flavor and it’s very easy to adjust the number of servings up or down.
Sauteed Tilapia Fillets
- Tilapia fillets
- Italian salad dressing of your choice
- Old Bay Seasoning
- ground cumin
- Pour enough dressing to lightly cover the bottom into a pan large enough to fit your fish. Place the fillets on top of the dressing then flip once so both sides have a light coating.
- You can proceed immediately or let the fish marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each fillet with a generous amount of salt, pepper, Old Bay, and cumin.
- Turn the heat up to medium and lightly saute the fish about 4 -5 minutes on each side, until the fish flakes easily.
Simple and good. I might want to marinate the fish for 15-20 minutes in the dressing next time.
I have not baked them myself but I would bake at 350F and bake 10-15 minutes depending on how thick they are. They should flake easily with a fork when done.
what about baking in the oven