These Steamed Sauteed Potatoes with Parsley and Garlic make a nice simple side dish. Use small red or white potatoes. You don’t have to peel them or you can peel them all the way but I liked the look of just peeling a stripe off the middle. You could boil them until cooked through instead of steaming but I like steaming. (I also steamed the broccoli and beets we had at the same meal.)
Steamed Sauteed Potatoes with Garlic and Parsley
- 1 pound small red or white potatoes, or a mix,
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the potatoes until just tender.
- Meanwhile heat the oil over low heat and add the minced garlic. Cook gently, stirring, until the garlic starts to turn golden.
- Turn the heat up to medium, add the steamed potatoes and cook, stirring. Sprinkle with the parsley, salt and pepper.
Leave a Reply