Beans and Corn with Salsa
Here's an easy bean and corn side dish with salsa, tomatoes, olives and cheese.
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 15- oz. can black beans
- 1 15- oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15- oz. can corn, drained
- 1/2 15- oz. can black olives, sliced
- 1 15- oz. can tomatoes
- 1 cup or so of salsa or you could use Rotel tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
Heat the oil and saute the onion. Add the beans, corn, olives, salsa, and spices. Simmer a few minutes to blend everything, covered. Simmer longer if you're making rice to go with this! It just gets better. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve.