A delicious spice combination adds a kick to sauteed shrimp.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- chopped cilantro and/or mint
Mix the spices together in a small dish and stir together. Sprinkle them on the shrimp, stirring so that all sides get coated.
Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium high. Add the shrimp and cook until done, stirring now and then making sure to flip them over. The timing will depend on how large your shrimp are. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and/or mint on the cooked shrimp.
Goes great with rice, yogurt and lime.